Our sessions are established as follows:
January - April
May - August
September - December
Student Costs for Jr. Troupe or Sr. Troupe
Tuition is $270 for the whole session.
You may make three smaller payments of $90/each. Each payment is due at the beginning of Jan/Feb/Mar or May/June/July or Sept/Oct/Nov depending on the session.
Tickets to the show are $5-$15 Depending on the show. Taxes and processing fees apply.
How Do I Register to Audition?
1) Fill out an online enrollment form to be a student at Main Steet Dance Works. Follow this link:
2) Enroll in your choice of class at www.mainstreetdanceworks.com
"Junie B. Jones, Jr." (For Grades K-8th)
Auditions have already been held and play has been cast. Students should stay for the whole class. We prefer that parents drop off and come back for students. Read below to know how to prepare for your audition. Students who join after the final audition will most likely be placed in the ensemble. Everyone who auditions will have something to do in the play.
(For Grades 6th-12th)
3) "Legally Blonde, Jr." (Grades 6th-12th)
How Should I Prepare for My Audition?
K-8th Grade Students: Most sessions, students follow the bulleted procedures below.
- Be prepared to sing a Broadway song of your choice. You may provide accompaniment but it is not a requirement.
- We will not have time to hear the whole song from beginning to end.
- Be prepared to match pitch with a "C" scale.
- If time allows, there will be a movement audition.
- If time allows, we may ask you to read text. We will provide that.
The last audition date is currently January 19 at Main Street Dance Works.
- Students should plan to stay from 2:30-5:30
- Prepare a Broadway song of your choice. You may bring accompaniment in MP3 format. No pianist will be available. You may sing a cappella.
- You will be asked to match pitch with a scale.
- You will be asked to read a selection of text. We will provide that.
- There may or may not be a movement audition.
K-8th grade classes meet on Saturdays from 10:00-12:00. There may be a few extra practices closer to performance time.
Students in the troupe will work together to produce a 30 or 60-minute play .
Students in grades 6th through 12th usually produce a musical.
Practice times are Sundays from 2:30-5:30. There may be some Wednesday evening practices closer to performance time.