Our sessions are established as follows:
January - April
May - August
September - December
Student Costs for Jr. Troupe or Sr. Troupe
Tuition is $270 for the whole session. (See scholarship info below)
You may make three smaller payments of $90/each. Each payment is due at the beginning of Jan/Feb/Mar or May/June/July or Sept/Oct/Nov depending on the session.
Tickets to the show are $5-$15 Depending on the show. Taxes and processing fees apply.
How Do I Register to Audition?
1) Fill out an online enrollment form to be a student at Main Steet Dance Works. Follow this link:
2) Enroll in your choice of class at www.mainstreetdanceworks.com
"Beauty and the Beast, Jr." (For Grades K-8th)
Auditions will be during class on September 7 from 10:00-12:00. Students should stay for the whole class. We prefer that parents drop off and come back for students. Read below to know how to prepare for your audition. Students who join after Sept. 7 will most likely be placed in the ensemble. Everyone who auditions will have something to do in the play.
"The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" (For Grades 6th-12th)
3) *** This has changed.***
Students will audition in class on September 8th.
Please plan to be present from 2:30-5:30.
Please enroll in class ahead of time so we know who to expect.
How Should I Prepare for My Audition?
K-8th Grade Students: Most sessions, students follow the bulleted procedures below. For the September - December 2019 session, just show up to practice on September 8 from 2:30-5:30.
- Be prepared to sing a Broadway song of your choice. You may provide accompaniment but it is not a requirement.
- We will not have time to hear the whole song from beginning to end.
- Be prepared to match pitch with a "C" scale.
- If time allows, there will be a movement audition.
- If time allows, we may ask you to read text. We will provide that.
The last audition date is currently Sept. 1 at Main Street Dance Works.
- The audition will probably take 10 minutes if we are on schedule.
- Prepare a song of your choice. You may bring accompaniment in MP3 format. No pianist will be available. You may sing a cappella.
- You will be asked to match pitch with a scale.
- You will be asked to read a selection of text. We will provide that.
- There may or may not be a movement audition.
K-8th grade classes meet on Saturdays from 10:00-12:00. There may be a few extra practices closer to performance time.
Students in the troupe will work together to produce a 60-minute play .
Students in grades 6th through 12th usually produce a musical. For the Sept - Dec 2019 session, we are producing a play without signing or dancing (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), a cabaret night where each student can sing a solo song, and students will have the opportunity to be play an adult in the opening party scene of MSDW's presentation of "The Nutcracker" at CPCC's Halton Theatre.
Practice times are Sundays from 2:30-5:30. There may be some Wednesday evening practices closer to performance time.